So far the quality seems very good, better than most Chinese Epi's I've had. Most likely on par with the Korean made Epi's. Fit and finish are excellent. I plan on modding this guitar with some better components/pickups - although it's speculated by some that Gotoh hardware is used. That remains to be seen.
I pulled both covers off the back and full aluminum shielding is present. Pots are full size Alpha's and wiring looks decent. It looks like the cavity has conductive paint - I haven't confirmed this though.
I was surprised to find that the body is a one piece mahogany back, not a veneered back. And the neck appears to be one piece mahogany. Also, I measured the headstock angle and it is at 13˚.
When I get to the pickup swap, I'll check the top cap for wood type and tenon.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Grassroots Quality
Posted by KenC at 2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment